12.26.2008

The Year's End

So, I figured since the year is coming to a close, I would take this opportunity to do a few countdowns. I won't really leave any descriptions with why I selected each item on the list. Just figured it would be something fun for me to do, and for you to read. The only stipulations here being that it had to come out in 2008. Also, similar to my Top 25, these lists are just things I really enjoyed. I am not getting into the technical merits here. So, here. We. Go.

Film:
The Best
Top 10 Movies of 2008
10. Hellboy II: The Golden Army
9. Horton Hears a Who!
8. Burn after Reading
7. WALL-E
6. Forgetting Sarah Marshall
5. Tropic Thunder
4. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
3. Iron Man
2. Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog (Yeah, I'm counting it as a movie)
1. The Dark Knight

The Worst
Worst Movies I Saw in 2008 or Complete Shitstorm:
3. The X-Files: I Want to Believe
1. The Happening
1. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull


Music
5 Favorite Albums of 2008
5. Lights - Lights EP
4. Copeland - You Are My Sunshine
3. Katy Perry - One of the Boys
2. Fall Out Boy - Follie a Deux
1. Panic at the Disco - Pretty. Odd.

Television
The 20 Best Episodes of 2008
20. Meet Kevin Johnson - LOST
19. The Economist - LOST
18. Little Minnesota - How I Met Your Mother
17. Sweet Dee Has a Heart Attack - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
16. Guess What's Coming to Dinner - Battlestar Galactica
15. The Bracket - How I Met Your Mother
14. Who Pooped the Bed - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
13. Woooo! - How I Met Your Mother
12. Rebound Bro - How I Met Your Mother
11. The Nightman Cometh - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
10. He That Believeth in Me - Battlestar Galactica
9. Mac & Charlie Die - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
8. Intervention - How I Met Your Mother
7. The Shape of Things to Come - LOST
6. The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
5. Cabin Fever - LOST
4. Confirmed Dead - LOST
3. There's No Place Like Home (Parts 1, 2, 3) - LOST
2. Revelations - Battlestar Galactica
1. The Constant - LOST


So, there you have it. I didn't read any books released this year, really. None worth mentioning here, at least. If you disagree with something I said here, let me know. Get angry, and we can argue. So, have a safe and happy New Year's, and I will post more on the flip side.

Also, if you noticed, I changed the name of the blog here so that it will not be too confusing with my book, that I will also be posting on a blog (deliriumcity.blogspot.com) Hope you will check that out.


Here endeth the lesson.

No comments: