7.30.2008

Something is in the Works Here...

So, no real rants about problems in the world, or what I think is awesome today. I do have a countdown in the works. It is of my Top 25 Favorite Movies. It will be a good one. And probably different from the ones that most people would give because I am not trying to look like some sort of cinematic genius or a movie snob or something like that. It is just a countdown of 25 movies I really love, along with a quick blurb why. And it is also kind of odd because the top 5 are really the top two, with a 4 way tie in the second place category.

I wanted to use this today to give you all an update on my writing, and what I am working on. As most of you know, I love stories, and because of that I want to be a professional writer. I figure writing professionally can only come about from writing alot not professionally. So, I am really trying to work on my craft. I have three big projects in the works right now, two of them are somewhat well known to my friends because I have talked about them, the third is something of a recent development, but is an idea I have been toying with for quite some time. So, here we go:

1. Fall Follies 2008
I am one of the writers selected to work on writing for Fall Follies this year, and it is a serious blast for me. I am having a great time working with Matt and Ben and Stephanie on this program. I really cannot divulge much as far as details go because if I tell you that here, then there is absolutely no reason for you to come and see it in November. What I can say is this: It is an SNL-type variety show put on by Belmont every year in the--you guessed it--fall. This year it is on November 1st. Typically they do it over a two day period, but this year there were, I guess, some complications, and they had to put both shows on the same day. No big deal. It will still be a whole lot of fun. Especially if our actors can convince you guys that the things we laugh over at least once a week in our meetings are actually funny through their delivery. So, yeah, that is Follies. It is great because it is giving me a chance to really work on both comedic and collavorative writing, which are skills I am sure I will need to use at some point.

2. THE GRAVEMAKER (Tentatively Titled)
This is the new project I am working on. Right now it is in the brainstorming phase, but I have some cool ideas. First of all, it is going to be a screenplay, that I would love to try and film next summer. Keep that in mind, if any of you are actors, composers, or something that would be of use. Also, if you want to date a writer-director-producer-editor for film, ladies, I will take up all those, and maybe more, mantles for this project. The idea is that it will be a Western Crime Epic. There will be a crazy gang, a bad ass hero, and much more. I am very excited for this. The whole "gimick" for lack of a better word is that it is a Western set entirely an a modern-day city. I look forward to working with this very much in the future.

3. I, HERO TRILOGY
This is my baby. I have been working on this story for around 4 years now, and I have restarted and changed this thing around so much that there are only a few things still intact. The whole concept of this story started around one scene, that isn't even in the story anymore, though the twist associated with it is still very much a part of it. I have written about 6 or 7 chapters of this in full, mapped out the entire first book THE ARCHITECT and have a deep relationship of sorts with all of the characters. Book 1 has 6 main characters who all get drawn into the search for a mysterious object, that has a great power associated with it (thik Milo Rambaldi ALIAS fans) hidden deep within the city I have created for the story--Delirium City (where the name of this blog and my Production Company comes from). The 6 people are Jack Heart, Frank Fallow, Audrey King, James Prime, Clarence Henry, and Solomon Myers. Some are good, some are bad. There is tons of mythology I have set up for the world these people inhabit. I have big plans for this story. If you really want to talk to me about it, I am totally game. We can get coffee, and chat. I can seriously talk for hours about this, all cryptic and everything, and it gets me excited to work on it.


So, there you are. These are the projects I am working on. If you want to be a big help to me, keeping me accountable with working on this, then ask me repeatedly about my writing. Be all like, "Hey Brandon, how's the book/screenplay coming?" And then it will make me think about it, and most likely do some sort of work on it. Or have me get together with you and chat about it. Whatever. So, there you are. I am going to try and post on here more. I know I got lax over thge last like 5 days or so, but I also wanted you guys to know about the dangers of elderly drivers. I will be back on tomorrow, hopefully. Until then.


You can't stop the signal...

1 comment:

Katherine said...

i just wanted to say that i really enjoyed project number 2 and the comments surrounding it. hope all is going well now that classes have started!