7.23.2008

With My Freeze Ray I Will Stop the Pain...

So, as promised, I return for another posting. Yesterday I teased that I would be taking about DR. HORRIBLE'S SING-ALONG BLOG, and I will be doing just that. Basically it is a three act internet miniseries about a super-villain named Dr. Horrible (Neil Patrick Harris) who is trying to gain entrance into the Evil League of Evil, while also working up the courage to talk to Penny (Felicia Day) a pretty girl from his laundromat. The show, for lack of a better term, is great. I really enjoy it. The downside is that it isn't online for free anymore. You can download it off iTunes for $3.99 for all 3 episodes, which clock in at around 13 minutes each. Also, you could call me and be all like, "Brandon, that show you were talking about sounds really cool. I want to check it out, and I simultaneously feel like I need more of you in my life, Let's hang out, and we can watch Dr. Horrible!" and then I'll be all like, "Sure I'd love to!" because I totally have it on my computer. There are also plans to release it on DVD at some point.

The show is written by Joss Whedon, who created BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER, ANGEL, and FIREFLY/SERENITY. It is pretty funny, and the music is just great. It isn't all showboat-ish like stuff on Broadway (no offense to Broadway because I do enjoy musicals with showboatery) but more low maintenance. If you are familiar with the musical BUFFY episode "Once More With Feeling" then you would probably have a good idea of what kind of music is featured on the show. If not, then you can take my word that it is good. But if you don't trust me, or think I'm a piece of shit or something, then I will just post one of the songs on here. So, check this out...



That is the first song. It starts with Dr. Horrible giving his video blog, and then leads into the song. It's good fun. Also entertaining is Nathan Fillion as the superhero who is constantly beating the crap out of Dr. Horrible, and foiling his plans. Unfortunately I don't have as much to say about this as I did yesterday with THE DARK KNIGHT, but it is really worth checking out. Also, I would welcome the opportunity to hang out to watch it. So, yeah. There ya go.

Tomorrow I will be back to talk about the greatest threat to America today. It is important, and I will have "factual" information to back it up. Get ready because it's gonna blow your minds!


You can't stop the signal...

No comments: