6.04.2009

The BKteN Number 8

Well, here I am again, and I believe it is time for a new list, how about you? No wasting time, let's get into it!

1. Fable 2 - So, I already featured the first game in a previous list, and I finally got around to playing this one. This is the kind of game that I get completely sucked in to because it is so in depth. The extent to which choices affect your actions is totally awesome. First of all, you can choose between being a male or female. You also get a dog that runs around with you in the game and you can teach it tricks and such as the game progresses. It is incredibly fun, and the story ain't bad either. If you decide to run through the main game on its own you could knock it out in a day, no problem. But I ran around and did side missions and such as I went, so it took considerably took longer.

2. Terminator: Salvation - Okay, last summer there was SPEED RACER, which was critically panned but I totally loved it. This summer there is TERMINATOR: SALVATION. I would say I am on a severe Scifi kick right now, but I always love some cool Scifi, and have just been immersed in it lately. This movie is not the best thing I have ever seen. But it is a fun and action-packed. I think that the problem people are having with this is that they expect it to be another JUDGMENT DAY, but it isn't. Who cares? The action is tight. Sam Worthington totally works as the emotional center for the movie, and I am excited to see what else he does in the future. So, I recommend the movie.

3. Rapture - So, there has only been one issue of this limited series, but I really dug it. The story is basically that all the superheroes in the world (avter a massive turf war between themselves over the cities the protect) vanished. One year later, this woman, who was separated from the love of her life exactly one year earier, on the day the heroes vanished, has powers awakened within her. Her choice now is whether to try to find her love or protect the world. But she will clearly try to do both. I am definitely picking up the next issue of this when it drops.

4. Guitar Hero World Tour - So, I am a brand loyalist, meaning that I bought this full band game over ROCK BAND and its sequel. Nothing against those games. I just like GUITAR HERO. The game is fun. I can't get the hang of the drums, but whatever. I still have fun playing with other people, and I can still play the guitar fairly well. It's fun. So, yeah.

5. The Umbrella Academy: Apocalypse Suite - Okay, like the name BATTLESTAR GALACTICA will be a major detractor for people watching the incredible series, this comic series unfortunately has the stigma that it was written by Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance. Now, you all know that I totally enjoy MCR, but this is on another level. The world that Way has created here is full of wonder and he has set up a solid series with this solid arc. The story focuses on a group of adopted children, born under unusual circumstances, and were adopted by a wealthy scientist to "Save the World." I really think that you should check this out. I can lend this out if you want to read it. Just give me the word. Or you can go read it at a bookstore. It is worth buying though.

6. High School Musical 3 - Okay, this is borderline embarassing, but I just saw this movie, and completely loved it. I have watched it three times in the last three days. I totally loved it more than anticipated. And it should come as no surprise to anyone who knows me or follows this blog that I enjoy musicals. They did a solid job on this movie. Sure it has cheesey bits, but what musical movie doesn't? Yeah. The cast is stellar, and I have enjoyed it more each time I've watched.

7. The Lonely Island - These guys crack me the hell up. The INCREDIBAD CD is totally solid. The music is both funny and good to listen to. You have probably hear a song or 2 at least of theirs from their viral web status. They were behind the classics "Jizz in My Pants," "Dick in a Box," and "Mother Lovers." It all really boils down to your particular brand of humor, and they totally fit mine.

8. Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk - This was written by Damon Lindeloff. Nuff said for me. If you are unfamiliar with him, he co-created and is one of the show runners for a little show called LOST. So, that is enough for me.

9. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - Right now I am referring to the movies. I just watched all of these last week, and fell back in love with them. They are quite excellent films, and Peter Jackson totallly deserved the Oscars the movies won. These movies are solid. And at this point, it is one of those movies that if you don't plan to see it, you won't see it. So, yeah.

10. The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien - Finally Conan is back on TV, and it is glorious. I would write more about this, but it is coming on right now, and I am just going to go downstairs and watch it. You should be watching too.

That's all I have for this week. Take my recommendations for serious guys. I am serious about them.


Here endeth the lesson.

No comments: